Monday 27 November 2006

All work and no play

It's amazing. I actually did some work today. Despite my best procrastinatory (is that a real word?) efforts, I wrote 1000 words about motivations to violence in Shakespearean England. Exciting, no?

I also attended a lecture, resolved to watch Black Books on Youtube and played the guitar a lot. I am trying to refine my acoustic version of 'The Mercy Seat' by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the walls between the bedrooms are really thin, and I don't want other people to hear my amateurish vocals. I don't mind them hearing me play the guitar, because I am reasonably good at that, but singing is a leap into the unknown.

Talking of which, we're going carol singing around town soon. Methinks a couple of Yuletide whiskeys might be in order before that.

Cin cin,

B.

No comments: